Membership in the AAEVT is open to all:
lab, pharmacy, barn and all other support staff with an equine interest
AND those employed in the veterinary health care industry worldwide
The American Association of Equine Veterinary Technicians and Assistants (AAEVT) is a sister organization to the AAEP and is a separate professional non-profit organization. This Association is a Professional Association and is not for the general horse owning public.
AAEVT Mission Statement
To promote the health and welfare of the horse through the education and professional enrichment of the equine veterinary technician, assistant and staff.
- Current annual dues are $60.00 for US and Canadian members
- Student membership is $25.00 per year and is available for those currently enrolled in an AVMA/CVMA accredited program of veterinary technology
- International membership is $70.00
- Clinic membership is $100.00
You are invited to join at any time during the membership year. Your membership is good for one year from the date of joining/renewing.
The objectives and purpose of the AAEVT are:
- To promote and provide continuing educational opportunities that are relevant and accessible to equine technicians and assistants
- To encourage and improve communications between equine technicians and assistants by creating a network so we can share ideas, find others with similar interest and areas of expertise, and post job opportunities.
- To be more informed on legislative matters that affect the equine veterinary community
- To educate the public and the veterinary profession as to the value and benefits gained by employing and supporting trained para-professionals
- To promote and maintain professionalism and ethical behavior for all equine technicians and assistants and to improve the development of the vocation
- To promote and maintain the professional relationship between the AAEP and members of the AAEVT
- To assist in providing the best medical attention and practices to improve the health and welfare of the horse
- To provide resource and leadership for the benefit of the equine industry and the veterinary community that serves it.
There are MANY benefits of joining:
The AAEVT offers equine oriented continuing education (CE) courses focusing on all aspects of equine practice geared toward the needs, experience level and interests of all our members. For a calendar of our upcoming CE events, click HERE. We are building a relationship with the British Equine Nurses and the BVN Association, as well as looking at hosting regional meetings in Australia and Canada.
- We now offer an Online Equine Certification Program through ACT (http://site.4act.com). To learn more about becoming AAEVT Certified through the AAEVT ACT Online Certification Program, click HERE.
Current AAEVT members are invited to apply for membership into the AEVNT: the AAEVT's Academy for Specialization in Equine Nursing (VTS-EVN). Click HERE to learn more about "the Academy."
We offer Scholarships for those members interested in pursuing additional education through an AVMA/CVMA accredited veterinary technology program, or for those seeking to attend one of our Regional Symposiums, or for those enrolled in the AAEVT on line Equine Certificate Program. To learn more about the AAEVT Scholarships and how to apply, click HERE.
These are just a FEW of the reasons to become an AAEVT Member today! To learn more about what the AAEVT can offer, check out our Member Benefits pages HERE.
Ready to become our newest member? Sign up TODAY